Face to face hot cams
This is eventually broken down into carbon dioxide and water.
In these cases, the process gets paused right after the alcohol is converted into acetaldehyde.
Often referred to as alcohol flush reaction, this is one of more recognisable signs of an alcohol intolerance and can happen for a variety of reasons that we will discuss in this article.
Intense redness and/or red flushes on the cheeks (and sometimes on the neck and shoulders) indicates that the body cannot process the ingested alcohol in an efficient manner.
A lot of these might sound like hangover symptoms many experience a day after drinking alcohol.
The first enzyme is responsible for turning alcohol into acetaldehyde, whereas the second one turns the acetaldehyde into CO2 and water.
This causes accumulation of this poisonous and potentially very dangerous toxin, which needs a long time to get out of the body’s system.
As it builds up, it causes many unpleasant and uncomfortable symptoms before the body is able to get rid of it.
In the case of people who get a red face from alcohol, both of these enzymes don’t function properly; the first one working too fast, while the second one not working at all.
Therefore, the alcohol quickly turns into the dangerous compound acetaldehyde, while this harmful toxin does not get converted into the harmless CO2 and water.